Exercise after PS

kellybelly333
on 3/12/13 4:26 am - Toronto, Canada

Ohhh. How I miss running properly. Up until January 28th, I was training for my first marathon (doing Hal Higdon...and spinning). Then I had a TT 6 weeks ago and was completely in the  know that it would be a month or so before I could exercise again. I was  was given the go ahead to exercise slowly at 4 weeks. So I did some spinning (sat in the back, and went at a turtle's pace) for two weeks, and gradually got stronger. Then I ran this past weekend (was told I could run at 6 weeks), and I did 6k, fairly slow, and then went to run again sunday, and could only do 20 minutes and walked another 23! Then I tried spinning again yesterday, and only got 30 minutes in.

I somehow don't feel stronger! I took today off, and i'm completely wiped! I didn't realize I would be this pooped!

Anyone else go through this?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

acbbrown
on 3/12/13 6:47 am - Granada Hills, CA

Youre doing much better than I was doing at 6 weeks.  I'm 4 months out (but I had my whole body done at once) and I'm just barely feeling strong again - my fitness obviously tanked from all the down time, but I'm starting up again.

I ran my first 1/2 marathon 2 weeks before my PS and I'm just now starting to train for the 2nd. I still have MAJOR MAJOR swelling issues which makes exercise and especially running irritating and uncomfortable but...hey, what am I gonna do.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active