Why do I feel like I am 350lbs. again when I...........

"LADYbug-j" L
on 2/26/13 9:37 am, edited 2/26/13 9:44 am - Laurel, MD
Excercise!! <br />
My wt. lost this past wk. was depressing, in the middle of the wk. I weighed in and was at a 8lb. lost, Three days later, I gained 1/2 lb. Omg!!<br />
I know about the game that the scale plays, but no matter what anyone says it's still so discouraging to say the least. <br />
I am trying to hang in here! but boy is it hard. <br />
Trying to get back on board with working out, is a beast. I feel like I am over 300lbs. again. Wow, like the very beginning right after wls. It will be six yrs. post-op, March 20th. My goal is to loose whatever I can before then? Ultimate goal is to loose 60lbs. I never made to my docs orginal goal, nor barely my own. Now 6-yrs. later my goal is more realistic, which would have me at 60lbs. lighter!!<br />
HW-354lbs. <br />
lost 130lbs. at 222lbs. <br /> A regain of 25lbs. in 6 yrs. Thought it was 40, which finally openned up my eyes! in NEEDING, to get back on board. w/wt. loss.
2 goals- 1st- 199lbs. I just want the scale to read one-hundred whatever!!<br />
2nd- 185kbs. I live with this , I never wanted to be a stick, I come from the heavy wts. anyways. Of being 350-plus. It makes me ill, when someone has surger at 219lbs. I know to eaches own, but REALLY. <br />
Peace-jbug

"jbug"

Sumundo311
on 2/26/13 10:01 am - Saskatoon, Canada

I started off at 353lb when I had surgery, I am down to 224-228. At one time I was at 213 never lower, I have to eat right and start exercising I would like to get under 220 for a first goal, but even that seems so far away. This is a tough journey and seems to be never ending. I am 8 years out.

acbbrown
on 2/26/13 11:15 am - Granada Hills, CA

Maybe it's time to change your goals. Chasing a number on the scale and obsessing over .5 lb fluctuations will drive you crazy. And you wont stick with any exercise routine for long  because there seems to be a temporary correlation with starting to work out and an increase on the scale and/or stall. 

Exercise for the other health benefits. Set some fitness related goals that have nothing to do with your weight. You will feel much more satisfied and encouraged when you accomplish those goals, and more likely to stick with a program. Work on learning to fuel your body. 

If you keep doing what you've been doing, you will get the same results. Being stuck in diet mentality, expecting instant results - those are known contributors.

I have to say though that 25 lbs in six years isnt that horrible and definitely easy to reverse with the right mindset. You can do this!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

"LADYbug-j" L
on 3/5/13 8:05 am - Laurel, MD
Keeping it real thanks!
I think i've been in this game a little longer than you, so I know the ropes, I was venting is all. And those are my new goals thank you again.
I am sure you meant well, but tread lightly. Do you know deam yourself a wls. expert after only being out for a few yrs. I have been it this battle way longer, and will be for the rest of my life!! Once a person finally gets in shape is when it feels good, I am out of shape, and working to get back in better shape let's just saythat. This board is for support, not to judge others, to pump yourself up, because you are not struggling with any issues. I forgive you, but you should be a little more "kinder" with your feedback. We are supposed to helping each other and not condesending. (sp)??Knowing what to do and doing are two different things.
Peace....

"jbug"

Most Active