Yoga anyone?

RedStar98
on 2/25/13 5:25 am - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12

Just wondering if anyone does it, do you like it?  I've been wanting to try it, and now that I'm down 78 lbs, I think I'm ready.  any suggestions for the type of yoga for a beginner?  any input is welcome.  I already do cardio (treadmill/elliptical) at a gym, and some weight training also, this is something extra to change it up and not get bored.

LJ1972
on 2/25/13 7:39 am - FL

I did yoga a few times and LOVED IT!! Check your area to see if there are any "real" yoga studios.  They will probably have a beginner / intro class.  I also did hot /conditioning yoga and that was the best ever!!

Good on y'a for mixing up and trying new things!

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

wmamey
on 2/25/13 6:47 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
On February 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM Pacific Time, RedStar98 wrote:

Just wondering if anyone does it, do you like it?  I've been wanting to try it, and now that I'm down 78 lbs, I think I'm ready.  any suggestions for the type of yoga for a beginner?  any input is welcome.  I already do cardio (treadmill/elliptical) at a gym, and some weight training also, this is something extra to change it up and not get bored.

I too have been trying all the classes my gym has to offer.Try to start with a beginner class. I definitely had the wrong impression of yoga before I started! It was tough! I realized I am not as flexible as I would have hoped but that gave me something to take to the trainer. I see the trainer next week and I will get some routine to help work on the flexibility. Yoga was fun but not easy, good luck!

Lisa S.
on 2/26/13 12:12 am - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
I love it!!! I do a "beginner" yoga class on Wednesday and a Body Flow (yoga, tai chi, pilates mix) class on Saturdays. Check with your gym to see what they offer. Also talk with the yoga instructors. Most of the time, during class, they suggest modifications for newbies. I hear that a vinyasa flow class is great for beginners too!!

devinder
on 3/11/13 6:35 pm - India

Yoga is good for health and it deals in small easy exercises and body movements. It is very useful to keep your body fit and fine as its several exercises help us to make our body active as well as healthy. Health is very necessary aspect of our life and we have to pay more attention for it. 

Most Active