Getting ready for Surgery

MadCowOnTheMend
on 2/7/13 11:53 pm

Hello I am a new member. getting ready to submit my paperwork for insurance approval.  I also have fibromyalgia, herniated disks, degenerative disk disease and issues with hips/shoulders. 

I'm trying to wrap my head around what exercise will look like after surgery and how to do it wisely.  Anyone have experience with any of these?  Success stories?

I will be working with my orthopedist, neurologist and physical therapist.  I just don't know how yet.

Cabin
on 3/6/13 6:52 am

I'm a newbie too, and nothing is more inspiring than a forum on fitness! This is my "go to" place to get and keep me going.

Given your cir****tances, I encourage you to try a water exercise class if you have access to an indoor pool that offers them. There are typically great classes for individuals that will get you started. Once you're comfortable and are ready for a bit more challenge, look for classes that offer more cardio. A good class is so much fun! Good luck, and I hope you have a pool handy.

Cabin
on 3/6/13 6:53 am

I'm a newbie too, and nothing is more inspiring than a forum on fitness! This is my "go to" place to get and keep me going.

Given your cir****tances, I encourage you to try a water exercise class if you have access to an indoor pool that offers them. There are typically great classes for individuals that will get you started. Once you're comfortable and are ready for a bit more challenge, look for classes that offer more cardio. A good class is so much fun! Good luck, and I hope you have a pool handy.

Most Active