Yoga

The_girl_next_door
on 1/29/13 4:13 am
I would like to try yoga, but in my familyroom. Any suggestions on favorite dvd's?
KatCooper
on 1/29/13 11:21 pm - Collierville, TN

I have tried some am and pm yoga on youtube, but dont have any favorites.  I will be interested to see if anyone adds to this. Yoga is something I think I would benefit from.

kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/13 11:55 pm

My limited experience with yoga is on our Wii, I guess it was okay. I'm sure I'd benefit from it as well but just haven't going around to it.

If you have an iPad or an iPhone, I've seen several different fitness bloggers rave about this app http://yogastudioapp.com/ but I have checked it out myself yet.

The_girl_next_door
on 1/30/13 12:19 am
Thank you for your input. I also have a wii but wasn't that excited about their program. I am going to pose the same question on facebook and see what I get.
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/13 12:47 am

My 7-year-old spent more time showing me how to cheat the program than I did actually doing it. His favorite way to do downward dog was just to park his butt on the balance board :).

I know that my public library has tons of yoga DVDs that patrons can borrow, have you checked there? I think I'm going to just start borrowing all different sorts of DVDs just to mix things up a little.

Latse
on 1/30/13 4:21 am
VSG on 06/18/12

LOVE the Library idea for DVDs

I have Time Warner Cable for TV and they have several On Demand Yoga programs and other workout programs you can play whenever you want.

I personally go to a Free Power Yoga class on Saturdays (check your local yoga studios for one) and 1-2 Flow Yoga classes at my gym the rest of the week.  It isn't a really intense workout ( correction the power yoga is intense) but I love the flexibility I have gained since I started going.

Starting/Highest Weight 340, Surgery Weight 306,
Post op:
M1-20lb, M2-14, M3-15, M4-11, M5-10, M6-10, M7-8, M8-4, M9-4, M10-5

The_girl_next_door
on 1/30/13 9:19 pm
Thanks for the ideas! I can't wait to start!
Most Active