Im bottom half heavy...

Daraja
on 1/5/13 10:30 am - Stockton, CA
VSG on 02/25/13

What exercise do you recommend I do to focus on toning that area?

mandalina
on 1/5/13 11:14 am

I am also pear shape (which let's face it.. not a horrible shape to be..lol) but my thighs drive me CRAZY.. I do bootcamp.. bazillions of jump squats, lunges and sprinted runs and that's really helped to start tone my butt, thighs.. even my muffin top.. then I added the dreaded stairmaster.. 45 minutes a day.. and let me just say.. best. cardio. leg. workout. ever. Try it.. once you get use to it, get creative, turn to your side and side step up it, slow it down and do back leg lifts with each step, you may look a bit goofy but I promise you, you will see results and become a steppy addict!

If it was easy... everyone would do it.

Daraja
on 1/5/13 12:25 pm - Stockton, CA
VSG on 02/25/13

Thanks I pray with my knees I can get the strength back. I too have the thighs you love to hate lol. My surgery is soon hopefully by the end of this month I just have my psych appointment on Thursday and then Im ready to see the doctor for my pre-op instructions then Im ready. I'll add you as a friend...Im a newbie to this site I just joined the other day. Thanks and God Bless

Kim S.
on 1/7/13 12:48 am - Helena, AL

Well, you have the right attitude!  Get into the exercise groove NOW....that will surely help with long term success.

I too am a pear......boot camp, hiking, speed walking, walking lunges, running.........all good for the "backfield"...........

Phatchick
on 1/7/13 11:19 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Daraja,

I do the arc trainer because I have bad knees and the exercise is great for lower body plus strengthening the muscles that support the knee caps. I also do weight training on my lower body twice a week and swim. Sharon

Daraja
on 1/7/13 1:12 pm - Stockton, CA
VSG on 02/25/13

Is the Arc trainer a workout video or equipment? Im waiting for my authorization for my swim therapy to begin.

Phatchick
on 1/7/13 8:44 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

An arc trainer looks like an eliptical but the movement is more like a cross country trainer with no arm movement. It is strictly for lower body. Athletes use it a lot as well when they train with injuries. Sharon

jossenrose
on 1/9/13 5:56 pm, edited 1/9/13 5:57 pm - LA

Daily walk for 1 hr in the morning. Also take 1 glass of ho****er mix with 1 teaspoon of lime juice and honey in the morning, it is very helpful. Hiking, Speed Walking, Walking Lunges, Running, these all are good exercise for the backfield. If you want to lose your weight Try skinny fiber weight loss program and see results in 90 days. It’s a glucomannan fiber supplement to help you to reduce weight naturally.

Most Active