Polar Heart Rate Monitor

Day_dream_believer
on 1/4/13 12:58 am

How accurate are the Polar heart Rate monitors?  I got one for Christmas and tried it out for the first time today.  It said I burned over 1000 calories.  It seemed a little high, but I ran for 45 minutes and did an hour of weight  training.

Thanks

KatCooper
on 1/4/13 5:48 am - Collierville, TN

I have compared mine to other ways of monitoring and I think it is actually fairly accurate.   I was shocked to see how much I burned during a core and upper body work out!   Even if it is 100-150 off, its still a huge motivator for me.  I am now more addicted to that than I am the numbers on my scale!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Day_dream_believer
on 1/5/13 1:08 am

Thank you.  I agree.  Even after only using it one time I found that I wanted to push myself harder to get the numbers up.  I always have a good workout when I run, but I think this will really help me in my other activities.  

mom41
on 1/4/13 12:21 pm

I run also and I have found the Garmin monitor that came with my garmin gps watch  the most accurate monitor. Polar was good but not as good. Garmin also lets me upload all my data to a computer so I can compare heart rate with speed elevation etc. It has really helped me maintain a good heart rate throughout my run

Miss Candace
on 1/5/13 3:33 am - San Jose, CA

I just got the FT7 & really like it. I find it to be extremely accurate. But i have to admit, i do hate that you can really only use it w/ the strap for measurement/ calculation. w/o the strap, its pretty much just a watch (which defeats my purpose of wearing a watch for the HRM)...

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.     

LJ1972
on 1/5/13 6:53 am - FL

My trainer has a Polar and loves it.  So much, in fact, that her employer company sells them now (in that order - she loved it first, now they sell them)

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

KittenLove
on 1/7/13 10:56 am - Around Knoxville, TN
I have an FT4 and adore it
I also have a garmin forerunner 10 and it waaaay overestimates

Be happy. 

juleskar
on 1/7/13 1:34 pm

I love my Fitbit One. I don't enjoy exercising, but I do like competing with myself from one day to the next. There are times I didn't get enough movement for the day, so I crank up the cd player and dance lie a fool to get my #'s up.

Most Active