10 years and 40 lb gained

mayberry1182
on 12/14/12 11:05 pm

Hi Everyone. I can't believe it's been this long since I've been part of the wonderful community that helped me to loose all my weight. I'm inspired reading everyones post. For a while I thought I was doing great maintaining my weight and realized it was normal to regain a few pounds after surgery. I continued to tell myself that for the past 6 years and today I look up and I am obese and miserable. I do know that my weight loss was a success but to some level I ignored the fact that it was a very real possibility that I could gain weight if I stopped excersising and ate poorly. I'm here as a reminder of the things that motivated me to loose in the first place. My entire family is overweight and no one seems to understand how I feel about being 190lb right now. They just keep saying "at least you're not as fat as before" My highest was 278. For a split second that gives me some comfort but it doesn't exactly change how I feel. I've been up and down hovering between 170-190 for years. My lowest was 147 and I loved how I felt. This time it just feels absolutely wrong for me to have gained 40+ pounds and content with that.

Just looking at this website and all of your success has definately motivated me to stay on and work toward my inital weight loss goal from 2002 of 130lbs. One day at a time. Thanks for reading and I welcome any suggestions or feed back.

The hardest thing is to know what you are capable of and not quite being able to acheive because you're in your own way.

KatCooper
on 12/15/12 1:01 am - Collierville, TN

Welcome back!!!  You can do this.  It is easy to get in your own way, its a fight some days for me to get out of bed and run.  LIke today, grey, windy, rainy, but I did it.  I am struggling with my last 20lbs.  We can struggle together!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

KenyaE
on 12/20/12 11:49 am - Copperas Cove, TX

I'm with you. We can do it. I'm almost 8 years and started ignoring things to to injuriws but I am determined to get back  on track.

You're not alone.

Kenya

Most Active