back in the game....your main workout routines??

karismommy231
on 12/18/12 6:42 pm
VSG on 11/05/12
Hi! just curious about your workout routine post op. I am six weeks post op. my routine (subject to change) is arms/shoulders and cardio Monday, cardio Tuesday, legs and cardio Wednesday, cardio Thursday arms/shoulders and cardio Friday, and legs and cardio Saturday with Sunday off. Abs are sprinkled in there on just cardio days.

thoughts? this seem like a good plan? thx in advance.

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

LJ1972
on 12/19/12 7:29 am - FL

At 6wks I was doing basically the same - concentrating on walking, light weights, etc. As I progressed I started working out with a trainer I had been working with before surgery.

I am 16mths out and do total body intervals 2x a week with the trainer (cardio, upper / lower and usually some core)

On Mondays -

ABSolutely Glutes class (abs, glutes, legs, back)

Spinnerval - Spin class with short, fast circuit training mixed in

Tuesday - 1hr with trainer, 30 min spin

Wed - either rest or upper body / core

Thurs - Spin class, kickboxing

Fri - 1hr with trainer, starting hot yoga this Friday night

Saturday - 5k races or train on my own

Sunday rest

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/12 8:13 am

Ahh.. the lady above me makes me feel tired just reading her posts! :)

I run 4-5 days a week, between 3 and 8 miles at a time at this point and do some bodyweight exercises a few days a week. I really need to get better about doing those to build up some strength.

I think your routine looks pretty good but it also looks kind of ambitious to me. Will get you burnt out working six days in a row, pretty heavily? Have you thought about adding in an extra rest day mid week? Just my two cents... and I'm by no means an expert!

Most Active