check out this product for bike training

Seht
on 12/3/12 2:31 am

TrainerRoad  I have seen nothing but good posts/reviews on this product.

I recently purchased the needed parts and signed up for a monthly account.  I'm really liking the way the interface works

It will work with a wide variety of trainers, and  Ant+ cadence/speed/power meters/Heart rate sensors

If you don't have a power meter, the program is capable of figuring it out for you based on the technical data of your bike trainer and the speed you are going.  The resistance of any give trainer is published by the manufacturer, so they can calculate how many watts it takes to get it moving at any given speed.  It can also figure it out based on H.R. but heart rate tends to lag behind power output so it isn't as accurate.

Testing has indicated that they are pretty darn accurate when comparing the data to a power meter, and at a tiny fraction of the price.

I asked over on Beginner Triathlete about this product and the response was overwhelmingly positive here is the link to the responses http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=469550&start=1

This is what the workouts look like, and the info they give back to you.  Once you have completed a test program it tells you what your recommended wattage is for any given workout.  You can enter this into the program and it will adjust all the workouts for you based on your test results plus 5% I believe, so that you are always working towards an improvement.  You can also scale up or down any workout based on your needs, or you can retest and see if your stats have improved.

It is also compatible with Netflix, hulu, or a DVD if you want to watch a movie while riding, the application screen minimizes to just a small bar at the bottom of the screen so that you can watch the movie and see the training results or next steps.

This are the results of my first training session.

Scott

Most Active