4 months out and need a workout plan

stephkaz
on 12/1/12 5:47 pm - IL

Hello everyone.

Due to some issues of my own and with my family, I have not started an exercise program yet. I am about 80 lbs down and noticing that my arms are starting to get a little batty looking.  I have lost a lot of strength in my thighs and lower legs.  I walk at the mall and around stores quite a bit, but not consistently.  What were some things you did at the gym to help tone up?  Any particular machines or weights? If anyone knows of a book I can get that would be helpful too.  I have a membership at the gym but have not gone since surgery.

You, I've mistaken for destiny, but the truth is my legacy is not up to my genes...

slvbullet
on 12/1/12 7:05 pm - Cherry Hill, NJ

Hey,

Congrads on your new life!  I am 2 1/2 years out and have maintained a 150lb loss.  But let me say that your issues will always be there, they might not be the same ones but there will always be something.  You started this for YOU and no one else, so keep that in mind.  Make time for you, because in the end, you can only count on you!!!!  Ok I am off my soap box now let's talk about exercise. As we all know we are gonna be left with the extra skin, you need to build muscle, not tone because toning is for those people who are born with the skinny jean.  You need to build muscle to fill the spots where there was once fat, you will not become a muscle head.  You need to work on your muscles 5 days a week plus some form of cardio each day of the week aka walking.  In no time flat your skin will start to hang, where you don't want it to.  

Working with free weights is the way to go, go onto Youtube and watch a bunch of videos.  YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Your young enough that you can keep your loose skin to a minium.  GO FOR IT!!!!

GOOD LUCK

Airpun79
on 12/2/12 10:18 am - Jacksonville, FL

Hello there!
I am almost 5 months (2 weeks shy) post op and I began doing CrossFit 3x times a week about 2 months ago and although it is tough, it has helped me tremendously. Between July 20-Sept 20 I loss 70lbs and since I joined Crossfit in October  I've loss another 35lbs. I was going to do the gym membership but I do much better when I have someone coaching me and others motivating me so CrossFit was perfect for me. 

Take care and best wishes! -Larry

HW: 360      SW: 351             CW: 212         GOAL: 200 
Monthly Weight Loss Progression:
M1:-46 M2:-24 M3:-14 M4:-17 M5:-9 M6:-13 M7:-7 M8:-5  M9:-1 M10:-3 M11:-8 M12: -10

Most Active