Exercises for back pain

Don N.
on 11/19/12 10:09 am
Do any of you have any suggestions of exercises that might help my back pain? I have experienced muscular back pain on and off for the last year. Have lost 76 pounds and at goal. It seems to be getting worse and is a burning pain that radiates across my back. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Don
goldenhair
on 11/21/12 2:58 pm

Some exercises are particularly  beneficial for back problems: swimming takes weight off the joints and prevents jarring; exercise balls help to strengthen the core muscles that support the lower back; tai chi, yoga and Pilates improve posture  and flexibility.   

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/12 7:10 pm

Hello! 

I had the same problem. My physio suggested that before exercising i should follow a session of stretches for as much as the pain was intensive! There are many stretches for back pain but i am not sure i am allowed to post a video so i just refer some of them : 

• Upper Back Stretches
  • Proper Standing Posture
  • Side Bends
  • Legs up the Wall
  • Lying Down Stretches

nicolmiller
on 12/9/12 4:15 pm, edited 12/9/12 4:17 pm

Yoga posture is best way to reduce back pain.

goldenhair
on 12/13/12 10:26 pm, edited 12/13/12 10:27 pm

On December 10, 2012 at 12:15 AM Pacific Time, nicolmiller wrote:

Yoga posture is best way to reduce back pain.

I agree, yoga is recommended for low back pain because it aids in body posture and improves flexibility and tones muscles particularly the core stabilizing muscles.

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/13 8:27 pm - California, CA

There are many ways to prevent non-accidental back pain, such as making sure your work station is user-friendly, taking breaks to expand or walk around, and weightlifting to enhance your back muscles.

Most Active