Back in the gym again...

crystal M.
on 9/14/12 3:44 pm - Joliet, IL
Getting back to the gym.  after losing my job and having to drop my gym membership and basically not feeling like doing anything but feel sorry for myself.  I am getting back into the gym.  It helps that I found a job!!!  During the time I was out of a job and not working out I gained 9 lbs...and I'm not going to let that become 50 lbs...or more.  So today was my first day back and it felt great...oh I missed this post work out feeling!!!  I know most people wait for Mondays to start but I wanted to start right away.  My goal is to be rid of this extra 9 lbs in 4 weeks!!!  To be honest I am surprised it is only 9 lbs.  I am lucky it's only 9lbs...My only saving grace is I still ate healthy My only crime was laying around like a lazy lump all day.      

I have worked too long and hard to lose 154lbs to let myself back slide and gain my weight back.  I made a promise to myself a long time ago that I would do something about any gain weight ASAP if it tops 10lbs.  

So...question???  How long does it take for your muscle mass to go away?  I haven't worked out (cardio or weights) in 4 months.  Am I basically starting from scratch again?   
LJ1972
on 9/14/12 5:21 pm - FL
Great job getting back into the swing of things... and even BETTER to not wait until "tomorrow" (monday)

My trainer says you lose strength training after 2 weeks, but won't start back at zero at that point. I would imagine at 4mths you aren't starting from scratch but pretty close to it... depending on where you were at before. Start slow so you don't get burnt out, discouraged or injured and work your way up as you are able.

Good luck!
Most Active