Thank You

Jillian O.
on 9/5/12 1:30 pm - Fort Riley, KS
 I just realized it is almost my 2 year anniversary of my first sprint triathlon. The two months leading up to that tri I was nervous and lacked confidence and was a total newbie, I had only completed a few 5ks up to that point. That is when I started frequenting this board.

Thanks to the wonderful people on this board willing to give me so much advice and insight, I survived that first sprint tri, went on to do a few more, and 11 months after that first tri finished my first ironman.

I love triathlon and am proud of myself for what I have accomplished thus far, 2 years of consistent training and racing, the longest I have ever truly stuck to something. 

I want to thank everyone who frequents this board. Reading about all your accomplishments has been a constant source of motivation for me. To the first few steps ran, to the first 5k, to the first sprint triathlon, to the first length in the pool, to the first half marathon, to long distance triathlons, it is all amazing and incredible. 

To the lurkers, don't be afraid to post your workouts, don't feel like you have to compare what you are doing to what everyone else is doing. Just getting out there doing anything is incredible. Don't be afraid to ask us questions, we have all been where you are right now. I know OH can be a sketchy place at times, but this board is not like all the others, we are like a family here, join us.

Once again THANK YOU, its been an awesome 2 years, and I am looking forward to many more!

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

acbbrown
on 9/5/12 2:44 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Congrats Jillian!!!   You are seriously amazing, and you have inspired, motivated and encouraged me more than you know! 

Thank you for everything and thanks for posting this touching celebration.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

LJ1972
on 9/5/12 3:42 pm - FL
Actually, reading your blog is what helped me work up my nerve to register for a sprint Tri. My goal one is Oct 6, but I am doing a shorter one THIS Saturday
Jillian O.
on 9/6/12 4:51 pm - Fort Riley, KS
 What is the name of your October 6th tri?

Jillian

LJ1972
on 9/6/12 5:19 pm - FL
The Santa Rosa Island Triathlon
http://www.santarosaislandtriathlon.com/

They sell out every year, cap at 1250.  Supposed to be an 18 mile bike, but the surf from Hurricane Isaac washed out a portion of the USAT certified route and covered about 3 miles of it with white sand.  Waiting to see if it will be a new route or backed down to a 10-11 mile bike.

This weekend is the Alabama Coastal Tri It On Tri  (300, 10, 2) in Gulf Shores, Al.   Keeping a concerned eye on the Gulf where a little spin off from Isaac is threatening to rain on my first tri day.

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/12 4:22 pm
Ditto to what the ladies above me said. I love reading you (and everybody else's) adventures. I can remember visiting this board pre-RNY and seeing your posts. I read your blog from start to finish and its in my Google reader now!

Thank you for posting and being an inspiration!

Oh, and thanks for your/your family's service
Jillian O.
on 9/6/12 4:52 pm - Fort Riley, KS
 Thanks for reading, and thanks for being here!

Jillian

KatCooper
on 9/5/12 6:05 pm - Collierville, TN
 I love reading about yours and everyone else's sucess.  It keeps me going.  I never would have thought I could even TRY to run a 1/2 marathon, but because of all of you I am going to try in  16 days:55minutes and a few odd seconds.....not that I am counting.  :-)     I enjoy everyone of your race reports and cant wait to read more!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Jillian O.
on 9/6/12 4:52 pm - Fort Riley, KS
 Thanks! Good luck on your half, look forward to reading about it!

Jillian

mcarthur01
on 9/6/12 10:38 am - Cumming, GA
thank YOU!  keep rocking the races Jillian!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Most Active