Shoe advice

acbbrown
on 9/2/12 11:11 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I bought my first pair of Asics about 9 months ago from a running store after being fitted - they worked out quite well - with the exception of a little discomfort in the balls of my feet. When I went back to the same store, they had all my info saved from before and we chatted about the shoes, and they recommended a similar shoe but one that had more of a cushion. When I tried them on...they felt better (i still like the way they feel when I put them on) but after the first 20 miles or so that I ran in them...my feet hurt all the time, my heel hurts, my plantar fasciitis is acting up like crazy, the balls of my feet hurt - overall it just sucks. I went back to the running store - they gave me some cushions for the balls of my feet. That wasnt comfortable at all, so i went back and got new insoles for the shoes, and it's helped with some relief for my plantar fasciitis but they are really uncomfortable to run in and my feet still ache when I'm done. 

So - ive only logged about 80 miles in these shoes, and they were on the expensive side - sooo....I'm not sure whether to try another insole, or just say screw it and try and different shoe (or just go back to what I was running in originally). Im assuming it's a shoe issue since it started with the new ones, but it was also the time where I started running more...so maybe it's just par for the course? Any thoughts/suggestions?  Any brand recommendations other than Brooks (ive tried 3 different ones they just dont work for me). 

Ive got another 56 days to go until my 1/2 - I want to get this figured out sooner, rather than later!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Scott William
on 9/3/12 4:41 am
If the first ones you had were okay I'd get a new pair of those and ride it out till the 1/2 is over then try to find a better pair. At least you'll know what you are getting with your origional shoe.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
acbbrown
on 9/3/12 8:08 pm - Granada Hills, CA
True - I should do that instead of just suffering through with these. Thanks !

~~~~Alison~~~~~

theshrinkingmimi
on 9/3/12 6:30 am
My Brooks were great until I started running. They are too heavy and firm. So I went to the New Balance store and got fitted.  I over pronate severely and havesevere plantar fascitis that can cause heel and arch pain (basically the whole plantar fascia gets inflamed-not just the heel part.). I needed a light shoe that still had some support. We found two that may work, but I chose one: M1260RS  with stabilicore.

I've had major problems with my feet since I was a kid. Now, I can never find anything for less than $120 or so. And I always buy a mens shoe because there is never a womens shoe in stock that does what I need.  

When I go, I bring my current shoes so that they can compare. I also wear workout gear. I actually get on their treadmill (if they don't have one, then it is the wrong store for me) and walk for about 2-3 minutes, then I run for about 3-5 minutes.

Good luck. For me, the right shoe is everything.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
theshrinkingmimi
on 9/3/12 6:37 am
BTW, I read that they changed the shoe which always makes this process infuriating for me.  I don't know if it is still good.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
acbbrown
on 9/3/12 8:12 pm - Granada Hills, CA
The store I went to had a treadmill and video analysis so I felt comfortable that they knew what they were doing - the guy seemed to be very knowledgeable and was a runner.

Ive always had major feet issues too -especially the balls of my feet. Fortunately, many of my issues have resolved over the last 230lbs that ive ditched, but all this running is triggering some of them again. I might try New Balance. I can't say ive ever tried on a pair of NB - i know Brooks are not going to happen.

I am determined to find something that will work :)

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Iteach-preK
on 9/3/12 5:49 pm - KY
One thing that really helped me was to go to a biomechanist. He watched me walked, discussed my issues and my desires for exercise and shoes. It can be expensive, but is well worth it in my opinion.
good luck
teach
acbbrown
on 9/3/12 8:13 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Where do you find a biomechanist?

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Carol S.
on 9/15/12 4:42 am - Milwaukee, WI
 Have you thought about trying a more minimilast shoe?  Something lighter?  I found that with the distances I was running all that support was making things worse instead of better.  
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Most Active