Working out vs. Lapband

fishnochips
on 8/3/12 8:44 am
I am a beginner when it comes to working out. I have been on and off again many times. My buddy Brian was considering the lapband to control his weight gain but we decided to do an exercise regimen. I think he really just needed a buddy to workout with to keep him motivated. THis is a video of our garage gym. We have the Insanity videos which are tough but help keep us motivated. We plug our pico projector into our computer and project them on the garage door so it really isnt just us working out. It feels like we have a coach there. Anyways I just wanted to share this story for everyone who is considering surgery. It feels more meaningful to stick it out sometimes. www.youtube.com/watch

superconducting
on 8/5/12 4:22 am - Montgomery, NY
 or do both...

fishnochips
on 8/6/12 4:32 am
 Well he's just 24, lapbad surgery was going to cost him and while it can make a lot of headway in regards to helping him with his obesity, I think that part of the problem is psychological. I know if he loses weight by really working towards it, he will regain a lot more self-confidence. 
superconducting
on 8/6/12 7:10 am - Montgomery, NY
 its absolutely physchological, which is one of the primary benefits of a surgery like lap band.  Most morbidly obese folks are very, very good at losing weight, and starting exersize regimes.  The benefit of wls is the permanence, which deals with that phsychological issue a lot.  Not in anyway talking one into WLS, however, I know for a fact I would not have made it without.  And my journey has been quite meaningfull...

I think after finishing IMLP 2 weeks ago, you can do both and find a lot of meaning :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22veAZk2Tgs 

MacMadame
on 8/5/12 12:32 pm - Northern, CA
 Good luck with that. You're going to need it!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

fishnochips
on 8/6/12 4:31 am
 thank you!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/6/12 6:19 am - Fort Worth, TX
Your closing sentence really got my attention ...

"It feels more meaningful to stick it out sometimes"! I tell my wife that all the time... (usually not in the garage though. LOL)

Best of luck with everything....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active