Inspiration

Seht
on 7/30/12 12:30 am
Inspiration comes in many sizes and styles.

So I volunteered at the Vineman 70.3 and 140.6 this month.  I worked the registration booth because I can't stand for too long and doing any of the aid courses was out of the question while I'm still hobbling around on crutches.

Saturday night I went back out to the event to root for the 16-17 hour finishers.  I thought those are the people who need and deserve a cheering squad.

One of the last finishers of the day (he had 10 minutes to spare) has the type of never say quit attitude I'd like to have.  It's all about forward progress.  At mile 100 he had a bike mechanical that was irrepairable.  He kicked off the cycling shoes and walke/ran/pushed the bike the final 12 miles to T2, where he put on his running shoes and went out and ran his marathon.  He still got his 140.6, it just happened to be that 38 miles of it was running.

So many people would be tempted to mail it in at that point and tag the sag wagon back to the finish, but he didn't.  He sucked it up and excelled.

Just thought I would share.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

acbbrown
on 7/30/12 1:37 am - Granada Hills, CA
Wow this is a very inspiring storing  - that's some serious dedication and strength right there.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

KatCooper
on 7/30/12 2:35 am - Collierville, TN
 Wow!  I am going to keep that story in the back of my head when I am running and it starts to get tough.  I wonder what I would have done??  Thanks for sharing.

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Kim S.
on 7/30/12 5:39 am - Helena, AL
Wow.  That is inspiring.  I too will remember this when I'm out doing my itty bitty 4 mile run and want to quit some days.

mcarthur01
on 8/1/12 1:14 am - Cumming, GA
love it!  that is real dedication.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Most Active