Bikes and Body parts....female specific

LJ1972
on 7/29/12 7:27 am - FL
What the heck do I do about my bike seat causing swelling in some pretty painful places?  I am training for a Tri, so I just slip on regular shorts over my swimsuit before riding.  Today I did 17miles and I have been in major pain.  One person at training suggested tilting my bike seat more forward / nose down, but other than that, tips?

My bike is a fat tire hybrid I guess>>
 I hope to buy a road bike in the next 3-4 weeks, but that is 3-4 weeks of dealing with this, and I just don't know if I can take this pain.

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

Jillian O.
on 7/29/12 8:17 am - Fort Riley, KS
Invest in some tri shorts and chamois cream. The tri shorts will have a thin pad in them, put the chamois cream on the pad. Should make you feel better

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

cabin111
on 7/31/12 8:03 am
I have had bladder stones (from bike riding as per my urologist).  I had to get a special seat...It helps somewhat.  Below is something I posted a few months ago.  Just some ideas that I pulled off the internet...

Another grab from the internet...No endorsement...But I may get something like these...
Here's a list of manufacturers that are selling some of these ergonomic bike seats on the internet:

1. Airbunz
  2. Specialized - Body Geometry Bike Saddles
  3. Spongy Wonder

Specialized™ Bike Seat

Designed by Roger Minkow, M.D.

Relevant Anatomy

Spongy Wonder™ Bike Seat

AeroSaddle™

AirBunz™
Most Active