Mud Run?

Day_dream_believer
on 7/28/12 12:17 am
Has anyone ever done one of these?  What type of obstaclesdo they have?  I am thinking about signing up for one in October and wasn't sure what to expect.  Thanks

Jp2lose
on 8/1/12 5:37 am - Omaha, NE
I don't know which one you're looking at, but I did the Warrior Dash and they have a website that shows the different obstacles.

I did the run with quite a few people I know, one of whom is 50 and only runs. Never lifts weights and is very thin with little muscle. She didn't have any problem completing the obstacles.

I'd check to see if there's a website with photos for the run you're thinking about, but don't let them scare you off!

Day_dream_believer
on 8/1/12 1:03 pm
I think this is a lot like the Warrior Dash.  This one doesn't have photos on a website, but I think if I ask around I should be able to find someone that has done it.  I did see one photo of someone running through fire.  That might be enough to scare me off.

Jp2lose
on 8/2/12 1:06 am - Omaha, NE
Don't worry about the fire! They have that on the Warrior Dash and it was at most a foot high. Don't forget most of these runs are designed for the masses and meant to be fun! There are a few out there that really are supposed to be challenging, but most are just for fun.

One of my personal goals now that I'm thinner is to say YES and try new things that I would have never done when I was heavy. You won't lose anything by trying, but gain A LOT if you succeed!

Jen

Day_dream_believer
on 8/3/12 3:07 am
I think I will sign up.  My husband has agreed to do it with me.  He said he would work with me ahead of time on some of the obstacles.  That way when it comes time to do it I can have fun rather than struggle through the course.  I think it will be a great activity for us to do together.

Scott William
on 8/3/12 8:40 pm
What's the name of the race? If it's Tougher Mudder that's a tough one. It's long and the obstacles are tough.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Day_dream_believer
on 8/10/12 10:18 am
This is the Monster Mash Mud Dash.  It is a 5K run with monstrous obstacles put on by the Jr. League.  It doesn't sound hard core as beer will be served.  I think my best bet is to find people that ran last years and ask them what to expect. 

Thank you for your response.  I have been out of town for the last week.
Sharla

Most Active