Plastic Surgery and exercise

hrford
on 7/9/12 8:12 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 So I got my date of the 23rd for my reduction/lift.  And now the anxiety about not being able to exercise has set in.  I mean, I look forward to exercising.  I have to force myself to have a rest day and I am still usually out for a walk or a swim.  So for those of you who had PS how long were you out?  How quickly could you do light exercise?  How quickly were you back into the full swing?

I'm thinking I could switch to the bike as my main form of exercise as there is less jarring of the upper body, but I REALLY need to get a decent bike for that.  I'm starting to really worry about this.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

acbbrown
on 7/9/12 10:18 am - Granada Hills, CA
 I'm doin the full body in November and I'm already depressed about being down for a couple months. I have no clue about just a lift but I'd imagine biking would be okay
After a couple weeks. Congrats on getting it done though - you'll be much happier afterwards :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

julesGA
on 7/9/12 10:51 pm - Brunswick, GA
 Are  you friends with Afdonn on MFP?  She just had plastics a few weeks ago and is back running already.  I am sure she would be glad to relate the details to you. 

KittenLove
on 7/10/12 6:25 am - Around Knoxville, TN
I had chest done in June and did a half in September.

You are about to find out just how much we use the chest for EVERY LITTLE THING! You will be able to walk and use some elliptical but jus****ch swingin the arms.

I had a LBL on Dec 10, 2010. came back to a desk job in two weeks. ran a half in March.

Being active will help you recoup faster but there is no substitute for rest. Take the time...

Be happy. 

DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/11/12 7:13 am - Fort Worth, TX
I was down for 12 weeks aside from Walking. Let your body heal!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

val28
on 7/11/12 10:04 am - amherst, NY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 03/03/08
i had a TT and he wanted me walking right away. 2 days home from the hospital i was walking 5 miles a day. my ps was pretty conservative, at 1 month i could add exercise classes as long as it didnt cause me any discomfort

Most Active