Feet getting numb while exercising

manda2108
on 7/2/12 11:28 am
 While i'm on the elliptical machine my feet slowly get numb..by 35 minutes my toes are numb..about 45 minutes the ball of my feet and toes are numb..a short time later my feet are entirely numb. I did 65 minutes today and one was numb up to my knee. Within 1 minute of getting off of the machine they were no longer numb..any ideas? My shoes have gotten loose since losing weight..and I try to change the position of my feet while on the machine. 

acbbrown
on 7/2/12 12:01 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Ive always had that problem. Once I decided it was irritating enough, and that I actually just hate the ellipitical, I havent been back on since. Ive never had the problem walking or running and only once on my bike during a really long ride..but that's prob a whole separate issue. Ive heard of other people experiencing the same thing so at least you know it's not you!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

christinalee
on 7/3/12 12:26 am, edited 7/3/12 12:27 am - At Home in, NH
Me also. But I know it's my foot stance when I use the elliptical. I had to change the way I used my feet when on the elliptical. I can't just not move my feet, I have to roll through each step and make sure to lift my toes and land mid-foot and roll through the step. Actively use and engage your feet when on the elliptical. Keep the blood circulating through your feet.

Of course, it could be that your laces are too tight also ~grin~.

Go to livestrong.com and search for numb toes/feet while on elliptical. Lot's of great info there.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

GD6
on 7/3/12 4:22 am - Hamilton, Canada
The same thing happened to me years ago when I first started with the Gazelle and then after wearing 13 of them out in less than a year!  I bought a good elliptical.

Initially I could only "ride" for about 20 minutes before my feet were in so much pain, but over time the pain went away as I was able to ride for longer and longer periods.
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

Most Active