starting my weight loss tomorrow!!! can anyone help?

beautifullypink
on 6/27/12 2:41 pm
Hey there im Loryl, im 24 and I weigh 217lbs. I have always been pretty small till I was diagnosed with Ulcertive Colitis and was put on steriods. That is when I gained 60 lbs. after being off of them for awhile I have tried to lose the weight but it did not happen. Im determined to lose it now. My first goal is to lose 15lbs by oct 1st! I could really use some advice and support from anyone who would love to give it!!!!

Loryl
Kim S.
on 6/27/12 11:46 pm - Helena, AL
Are you having WLS?  Had WLS?

Not that it matters-we can provide support, but need to know what stage you are at.

Try to envision your plan as a lifestyle-not a diet.  Diets are temporary.  Lifestyle changes are forever.

The BEST thing you can do when embarking on a weight loss plan is to also incorporate exercise.  An hour a day is a small comittment when you consider the benefits you'll get.

Find exercises you like-you WILL NOT stick with it if you don't like it.

Mix cardio and weight training.

You will not even believe how great you'll feel once you develop your core muscles.

Don't be specific about a certain number of lbs to lose by a certain date.  Make your big picture goal to be healthy and fit by eating right and moving your body.  The rest will just happen.

Wishing you the best on your journey.

beautifullypink
on 6/28/12 2:19 am
Kim,

Thank you for your post. That is all very good advice. The exesice part is not hard for me because I do enjoy it. The eating part is what is hard. When I was dignosed with colitis a year and a half ago I was also diagnosed with Celiac disease. I have not had any flare ups until recently. My dr did another colonoscopy and said that I really need to stop eating gluten or I could die of malnutrition which really scared me.

I want to change. I need to change. It is just so hard to eat gluten free and healthy :(

What is WLS? I have never heard of it?
hrford
on 6/28/12 7:18 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 WLS is short for weight loss surgery.  The vast majority of us on this board have had some form or another.  

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

beautifullypink
on 6/28/12 8:18 am
Ohh ok I have not had any yet but I have started looking into it and I would like to have something done to help because my body doest lose as much as I have tried. I have never had a hard time till on steriods
Most Active