What type of exercises besides crunches can I do for my stomach area

JordynsMommy
on 6/21/12 10:07 am - PA
VSG on 05/10/12
 My stomach is not going down. All other body parts are. What exercises or quipment can I to help me lose my stomach. Thanks all!

hrford
on 6/21/12 10:38 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 I had my personal trainer show me some with a kettle bell.  OH MY WORD that will leave you in some pain!  I also do the P90X ab workout 4x a week.  OH and it doesn't matter how many ab exercises you do it won't make you lose your stomach.  It'll tighten the muscles under but it won't make that fat go away.  My body holds onto that fat like it's life depends on it.  I have almost no butt and no thighs but I still ahve the stupid belly!  I think genetics play more into it that anything.  But a good strong core is so important to back health and so many other things.  Plus if you ever get plastic surgery you'll look awesome!

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

JordynsMommy
on 6/21/12 10:58 am - PA
VSG on 05/10/12
 Thanks for your input and honesty. I am thinking about getting plastics after a year of maintanence. Most likely I'll need it. I already had a baby and I gained alot of weight with the pregnancy. Before that, I didn't really have a big stomach, nowhere where it is now at least :( Well I will just suck it up and start saving for plastics. Thanks again! 

Tim T.
on 6/21/12 8:09 pm - Eastham, MA
When I do my ab work, and a machine isn't available I do "planks". Get into position like you're going to do a push-up - arms, legs and back straight and then just stay in that position for as long as you can. I usually wait 'till my arms are shaking before relaxing, but that's just me. If it's too much at first, put your knees on the floor. Repeat 3 or 4 times and track the time you are in that position. Works as good as crunches or ab machine. Will NOT burn fat, but will tighten up your core for sure!

hedrider
on 6/24/12 4:39 am - Midlothian, TX
 You can't target fat from any particular area, but you can tone up the muscles under it so that they are rocking as the fat melts off.

Planks are great for the core, any variation of them.

I use yoga for my toning and strengthening.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Most Active