UGH I have Morton's Neuroma

hrford
on 6/21/12 7:34 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 Well crap only 6 weeks in and I have the above.  I am going to head to a running store and see if they think a different shoe will help, otherwise I guess I'll try orthotics.  But that means this pain isn't going away anytime soon.  I can push to about 5 miles and keep the pain bearable but any more than that and it's like someone has a lighter under my foot.  Not pleased at all!

Anyone else had this?  Did shoes help or did you have to do more?  My current shoes were done at a running store, but I've lost 50lbs since then so maybe things have changed.  IT's a shame because they only have like 150miles on them.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

Dot T.
on 6/21/12 10:49 am - Bartlesville, OK
 I know what you're talking about.  I was diagnosed with Morton's neuroma in my right foot about 20 years ago and had rx custom orthotics made.  I don't have custom orthotics anymore, and I seldom have symptoms.  I'm sorry to say that I really don't even know how or why the symptoms went away, so I'm not much help :-(

My best advice would be to see a podiatrist for orthotics, make sure whatever shoes you wear are plenty big (most people are actually wearing shoes that are a half size too small), wear shoes that have a wide toe so your toes aren't scrunched together, and try not to wear heels where you are bearing weight on the ball of your feet.

Hope you get relief soon!

Dot
Most Active