Triathlon Registration Question

LJ1972
on 6/17/12 9:50 am, edited 6/16/12 9:51 pm - FL
So I am ready to register for my first Sprint Tri - October 6. Early registration ends 6/30 so I want to get my check in while it is a little cheaper.
My question - I am 10 mths out now and still losing weight. I am around 178lbs. If I register in the "Athena" group (150lb + ), can I change it at a later date? I don't know if I will lose more than 28lbs between now and October, but I suppose it is possible?
Jillian O.
on 6/17/12 10:04 am - Fort Riley, KS
Yes you can. You can go ahead and register in the Athena division, and if it changes by the time race day is almost here, you can email the race director to change to age group. Just make sure you let the race director know a week or 2 before the race. With Athena and Clydesdale this happens often.

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

LJ1972
on 6/17/12 10:12 am - FL

Great! Thanks!

Seht
on 6/19/12 4:47 am
Just an FYI,

I find that usually I do better competing in my age group than I do in the Clydesdale division.

Maybe it's just a local thing, but there are no "fat dudes" in this area running in the Clydesdale group.  They all tend to look like linebackers, hockey players etc.  None of them are couch potatos.

And since it is your first Tri, it really doesn't matter where you run, it's all about you and being able to do it.

Oh and I have never had to weigh in at any of the races I have done.  I know some do, but I haven't had to.

Good luck and have a blast.

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

LJ1972
on 6/19/12 9:16 am - FL
Thanks! 
   I wasn't sure if it mattered how I registered, because I am not "competing" I am participating and finishing.  Hopefully all in the same day  :)
Most Active