Help how to start exercise

kb64
on 6/7/12 8:55 pm - Clarksville , TN
Ok its way past time for me to be doing more than walking and thats sporadic. Can anyone tell me how you guys got started. I would love to eventually do a small marathon. I have never been able to run until now due to bladder issues, but hopefully as of May 7 that has been taken care of. I also had TT and want my arms and thighs done but dont want to do any of that until I lose another 15 lbs and try and tighten everything up at least. I want to be able to say I did what I could. Who knows if I can tighten enough maybe I wont want more done, I just dont know where to begin. I can walk 3 miles relatively easily if that helps to were Im at. What worked for all of you. Thanks everyone.

HW 270/ SW 255/ CW 210/GW 180

mcarthur01
on 6/7/12 10:16 pm - Cumming, GA

i started walking, when it became easy i would go faster (if on the treadmill, go faster and add more incline) if outside, walk steeper hills faster.  eventually i graduated to other cardio equipment starting with the stationary bike and the elliptical, after that jogging and running.  don't forget strength training, that is the secret sauce for weight loss and weight maintenance, it's the only real way to increase your metabolism.  best of luck.

Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Neen L.
on 6/7/12 11:35 pm - Arlington, VA
When I wanted to start running, a friend pointed me to this program: www.c25k.com. Basically, it gets you from "I cannot run" to "hey look, I can do a 5k!" in nine weeks. I was really skeptical because I could never, ever run as a kid, even when I was swimming year-round.

It only takes a half hour each day and is so rewarding.

Good luck to you!

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

kb64
on 6/10/12 12:38 am - Clarksville , TN
I have been reading this site and Im going to try it. Thanks for your input. Its the getting started thats difficult but Im determined to lose 15 more lbs

HW 270/ SW 255/ CW 210/GW 180

Most Active