De you ever think you are slacking??

julesGA
on 6/4/12 10:11 pm - Brunswick, GA
 Yep, I felt like I was just phoning in my workout last night.  I didn't have much energy and realy didn't try to dig deep and find any.  

Having said that,  six months ago I wouldn't even have been in the gym.   

I'm not an athlete yet, but I am working on it! :)

Kim S.
on 6/5/12 12:42 am - Helena, AL
Jules, Kat-YOU ARE ATHLETES!  Look in the mirror and tell that person you see YOU ARE AN ATHLETE!

We all are-at different levels, but we are.  I did have a very good (read HARD) weight workout last night-arms, shoulders and abs.  I felt a bit better afterward.

Then, as I'm getting ready to pack for a weekend trip to New Orleans and Biloxi, I'm planning my workouts and including clothes for that (before I've picked what I'm wearing to the wedding!), so I guess it is just part of my normal life now.

I don't know if I'll ever get over that anxiousness that I'm not doing enough or not eating just right...I guess the fat girl is always in the rearview mirror and I feel as if I have to keep outrunning her.  I have to remind myself to enjoy my success and be proud of what I've accomplished!

Thanks to all of you for letting me know that I'm not the only out there feeling like this.

julesGA
on 6/5/12 12:36 pm - Brunswick, GA
 Thanks for the kind words Kim.  I admire your commitment and hope to emulate your success. 

Have fun in NOLA!  

KittenLove
on 6/6/12 3:03 am - Around Knoxville, TN
Girl, I hear you on the clothes!! I cleaned out my closet and tossed so many work outfits to make room for my exercise clothes! : )

I keep NuuMuu, Enell, and SkirtSports in biz!

Be happy. 

Carrie W.
on 6/7/12 1:34 pm - KY
Oh yes, I know what you're talking about. I've been through two shift changes at work and so my workouts have changed. I was going to spin twice a week and yoga twice a week. Now I'm working 3:30pm - 2am and I just cannot get to the morning classes. I CANNOT do it. I tried and it was bad. I've really had to realize that sleep is not optional.

I've readjusted my routine and I feel pretty good about it but I took yesterday off from the gym partly to prepare for the race today and partly because I'm going on vacation and had stuff to take care of. I felt sooo guilty about not going. Then I was sluggish at work.

I'd be really interested in what you guys do to switch things up with you get bored or "stuck" feeling.

HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Most Active