De you ever think you are slacking??

Kim S.
on 6/4/12 1:03 am - Helena, AL
This past week I felt as if I wasn't "giving my all" when doing my workouts, and even felt as if I was missing too many of them. 

But--when doing laundry this weekend, I realized I had way more athletic clothing in the wash than real clothes!  So I must be doing SOMETHING......

I think I've just gotten so used to being active and exercising that it is just part of my regular life.  It is probably time to mix it up again and try some new things so I "feel" it again.  (Crossfit is next on my list!!)

When surveying my wardrobe this morning I realized I actually own more athletic clothes than real clothes!  That is the department I always seem to gravitate toward!!

So, I guess my question is this:  Do you ever think you are slacking but then when giving some thought to it realize you are just an ATHLETE??!  And this is how you roll???!!!!!

I still giggle when someone calls me an "exercise freak" or a "runner"...........but, GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!

acbbrown
on 6/4/12 1:17 am - Granada Hills, CA
I went to Vegas for the weekend, and my friends were dying when I was trying to find something to wear - i kept pulling out endless work out shorts/tanks. I had nothing else to wear!!!  I spend sooo much money on work out clothes that id never spend on work clothes or weekend clothes :-p

But i'm currently on the injured list so it's depressing since I havent actually seen the inside of a gym for a month :(((((   I totally feel like a slacker (justified, but still a slacker).

I am considering cross fit too when I get back on my feet - I need a new obsession!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Paul C.
on 6/4/12 1:41 am - Cumming, GA
 I feel that way All the time.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
LJ1972
on 6/4/12 2:29 am - FL
I feel that way constantly. It is more when I get fatigued and I don't know when I am "quitting" and when I am "listening to my body". Or on rest days.
Neen L.
on 6/4/12 4:34 am - Arlington, VA
I have this same problem. I can't go a day without doing *something* for fear that I'll fall off the exercise wagon.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

mcarthur01
on 6/4/12 6:43 am - Cumming, GA
yep.  especially with all the biz travel i've had lately.  it's been really tough to get quality workouts in.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Scott William
on 6/4/12 11:11 am
Sometimes. There is proof on this board when people say things like, "I only did" or "just a short" when referencing workouts on daily threads. Now, I actually do slack a lot so with me it's real
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
KatCooper
on 6/4/12 11:32 am - Collierville, TN
 I also have a lot of worries when I feel like I am not doing as much as I should.  Today was supposed to be a 30 min run as part as my 1/2 training, but due to a really, really pissed off pouch and resulting cranky GI track running was out of the question.  Unless running to the bathroom counts.  I am sitting here wondering if today will throw everything off track.  Rationally, I know it wont, but it wont stop me from obsessing about it.   Then other days, it doesnt occur to me that not everyone puts in a 4 mile training run in the morning and walks a 5k with their son at night without even a thought.   Hmmmm, maybe I am an athlete.....not sure about that one, but I know I am going to be.  :-)

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Krazydoglady
on 6/4/12 1:13 pm - FL
Yeah, all the time, but that's par for the course for me.  I always feel like I could do more -- with everything, work, home, exercise, etc.  It's a blessing and a curse.  Every once in a while I have to step back and look at the actual results, objectively, like I would evaluate someone else.  Am I slacking or working smarter? 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Terrence_CA
on 6/4/12 3:49 pm
I don't necessarily feel like I'm slacking, but I get mad at myself that I can't work harder or do things longer or heavier. I have plans for doing cross fit too. My gym has a cross fit training place across the street from the gym, but they want $130 a month! I need to pay off some bills first.
Gastric Bypass 8/14/08
SW: 513 lbs
CW: 250 lbs

Most Active