Hello All on the E&FF...introducing myself....

Feather_Fluff
on 6/2/12 1:57 pm - San Francisco, CA
VSG on 02/15/12
Hi there, wanted to start participating as much as I can in this forum....I have limited myself to the VSG forum, and have just hired a personal trainer to start working with me twice a week.  This will be my first exercising since surgery.  I'm really excited to be able to now focus on exercising into my life.  A bit about myself....I am not new to working out.  Worked out for many years...used to be a gym-a-holic.  My typical workout would start with 1/2 hour of jump roping, followed by one hour of kickboxing and one hour of high impact step class.  That's not all, since I live in San Francisco, a good walking city, I would then walk home--ending with another 20 minutes of exercising.  And believe it or not, I was still "overweight", ....certaintly not to the degree I am at now...but I felt strong and my energy level was great.  This all changed in 2004, after a series injuires and work stress, I simply stopped working out. Big mistake!  Pile on more work stress, working excessive hours, no time to take care of myself, then too tired to take care of myself, along with some other factors....between 2004 and 2011, I gained a whopping 173 pounds.  That's why I needed the WLS,...had it in mid February and am understanding more and more what is meant that bariatric surgery is a tool....2012, I decided would be the year devoted to physical transformation...the surgery was step one....now returning to exericsing on a regular basis is step two.  I hope you don't mind my sharing so much, but it's necessary so you know where I am starting from today.  Today, I have trouble being on my feet and walking...possibly due to a compressed nerve....may need to see a neurologist to get this resolved....my lower back always hurts, not my spine, but the surrounding muscles...I think due to de-conditioning...the nice muscle tone I used to have in my abs and arms are long gone...what has not dissappeared though is my will to start all over again.  The trainer I hired is aware of my current limitations....we will start doing seated exercises, work on my core and stretches...as I get stronger, I know my sense of accomplishment will grow and the more I do, the more I will want to do.  BTW...I have always viewed working out as recess and am happy in knowing that the person I hired believes working out should be fun...eventually we will be using a hula hoop to really target that waist line and those core muscles.  One day at a time.  :)

LJ1972
on 6/3/12 8:51 am - FL
Welcome! For me personally I find that the "will" part of it is the most important - the rest will come.

I LOVE working out with my trainer, sounds like yours will be awesome as well
mcarthur01
on 6/4/12 6:46 am - Cumming, GA
welcome... and good luck.  i expect to see you posting your progress in our daily workout feeds :)
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Feather_Fluff
on 6/4/12 6:50 am - San Francisco, CA
VSG on 02/15/12
Thank you for the welcome.  Daily workout feeds?  I will have to find them..or if someone can point me in the right direction?

Kim S.
on 6/5/12 1:50 am - Helena, AL

Right here, on this forum, someone starts the daily thread for what we are doing that day. 

Welcome!  The folks on this board are awesome-no judgement, just good support.

Kim

Most Active