Boot camp yesterday..sore today..now what?

manda2108
on 5/23/12 2:26 am
I posted this on the RNY board but someone suggested I post here..thanks in advanced for your help.

So yesterday I did(and completed) my first boot camp class at my gym..the trainer said it was a 1000 calorie burner(woot!). I was fine yesterday but of course today I'm pretty sore especially my thighs and arms. There is another boot camp class on Thursday that I'd like to try and attend. 

So my question is..Do I go to the gym today and work through the pain I'm in..I would do the ellipitcal machine if I did..hopefully for 30 minutes. Or do I just take it easy today..I'm a newbie when it comes to doing anything other than cardio so I just don't know what is best for my body today. 

Thanks everyone!

mcarthur01
on 5/23/12 2:31 am - Cumming, GA
muscle soreness, especially for new activities is common, you can work through the pain, i would just go lighter.  if you have sharp pain that is not general muscle soreness, you should consult a doctor, that could be an injury.  this sounds like muscle soreness.  it can actually get worse the 2nd day believe it or not if you work extra hard at something brand new or at something you haven't done in awhile.

best of luck and post here often.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

manda2108
on 5/23/12 2:39 am
 Thank you for your reply! I do feel its just 'general muscle soreness' I'm not in any pain when I'm staying still but when I move I have pain that I would desribe as 'pulling or a tightness'. I'll head out to the gym in about 30 minutes once I can drink again. Thanks again for your reply.

Kim S.
on 5/23/12 6:43 am - Helena, AL
I can tell you what I'd do:  I'd do some cardio today....and work through the soreness.  And I'd definitely go to the class on Thursday and do what I could do......the more you do it, you'll push pass it.  I always feel better when I workout the soreness.

Krazydoglady
on 5/23/12 11:33 pm - FL
Exercise helps alleviate the soreness.  Do something not too strenuous and make sure to eat well to repair your muscles.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

vogue
on 5/24/12 1:36 am
VSG on 08/30/12

when I worked out more, I was told to drink or eat a high protein meal within 15 minutes of a hard workout....    the pain is miniscule rips in lesser used muscles and protein aids with their quicker repair, thus less pain

Most Active