x-post from VSG forum Stalled since starting C25K training

kimberleyann
on 5/17/12 3:26 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
So I am usually quite blase about stalls and get thru them with little to no problems.  I track my food and water and have been exercising regularly. But this stall has me stuck. I am stuck at same weight since 22 Apr, coincidentally the same time I started C25K training. Usually I see difference in measuring tape if scale isn't moving but this time nothing.  Since the only thing different is the C25K I have to assume that it is the reason. I have upped my water intake to 80-100 oz daily, even tried upping protein. I get 800 cal a day, 70-80g protein and 30-45g carbs. I know just keep pushing thru and eventually the weight will start dropping again but looking for any hints.  I am 7 months post op, an active 6ft girl and weigh 225lbs so dropping calories to 600 doesn't make sense to me.  Any hints from the runners out there?

InkdSpEdTchr
on 5/17/12 7:20 am
Sounds like it's time to really up the protein then, many post-WLS runners are at at least a 1000cal or more, and over 100gm of protein.

If you don't give your body enough cals to fuel your workouts, it may hold on to the little you give it.

Try upping and see if that works for you...it just might!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

KatCooper
on 5/17/12 10:57 pm - Collierville, TN
 I have only been running about 6 months and I get at minimum 100grams of protien and 1200 calories a day.  I lose on average 4-6 lbs a month.  I am just now starting to up my miles and expect that my calories will increase slightly.   I am sure some of the experts will chime in.

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Chana
on 5/19/12 12:46 pm
I think lots of VSG'ers (and others) see things slow down at the 6-7 month mark.  For one thing, we're smaller, so the calorie deficit isn't as large and probably our metabolism may be a little slower now that our bodies are used to the low calories we take in (c25k should help with that).  Also, to be totally honest, I think a lot of people start going off their plan around this time after having achieved  a lot of success (not saying this is the case with you at all, but I do think it happens). 

Perhaps you're possibly putting on a little muscle?

Others have given some good advice - make sure you're getting enough calories of the right kind and just keep going.  Stalls won't last forever.

Our bodies can do some whacky things.  I was essentially stuck at the same weight for about a month and then suddenly in a three day period dropped 6 pounds, which have stayed off.  Not really sure why I was stalled, and certainly not sure why the big loss suddenly occurred!
kimberleyann
on 5/20/12 2:19 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Okay it is only 1lb loss but I will take it. Yahoo finally scale moved. I have upped my water to 100oz a day + and protein up to 100G a day. Which quite frankly put my Cals up to 1000 also but as long as I am losing I will deal with the head issues of being over 800 cals.Thanks for your input.

Most Active