Feet get smaller?

Sleepylove
on 5/17/12 10:40 am - MD
VSG on 06/06/12
 So should be having the vsg in a few week. But I need new gym shoes. I've been told your feet to go down in size. But my insoles are wearing out. Should I get a new pair or wait? Will my feet shrink that fast?
Mom78
on 5/17/12 1:35 pm
VSG on 02/10/12
Mine did by about a 1/2 size.  My NUT said that your arches can go back to normal which shortens the length of the foot.  I also saw my feet lose the chubbiness within the first few weeks!

Good luck
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

rjsams
on 5/18/12 1:41 am - Eagan, MN
I'd go ahead anyway and get new shoes.  Your feet will get smaller again, but in the meantime, your feet need the support.  Plus, you don't want to get injured as you exercise more, and you will need shoes again as you use them. 

Depends on what you are doing, of course, but I replace my running shoes every 400 miles.  It helps to have two pair to alternate, also, because you want them to completely dry out between uses. 

Be good to your feet, and they will be good to you, LOL.

Sleepylove
on 5/18/12 1:59 am - MD
VSG on 06/06/12
 I can get new insoles for $30 I'm going to try those for now. Thanks!
Mountain Mama
on 5/18/12 8:01 am - Evansville, IN
My feet shrunk from a 10 1/2 down to a size 7 1/2 after losing 103 pounds. I had to buy shoes with laces or straps about 6 mos. post op when I hit a size 9 to keep them on my feet until I got done losing.  . . just something to get me by for exercising and a T-strap dress shoe that I could add insoles and heel pads to make them fit better as I lost more weight.

Pre-Op  3 mos. post op  5 mos. post op  At Goal  Surgery Date - 12/10/2009  Goal Met -8/26/2010

Most Active