How in the world...

Krazydoglady
on 5/14/12 11:37 am, edited 5/15/12 12:13 am - FL
I was working with my trainer tonight doing legs, primarily.  After deadlifts, he had me on the inverted leg press machine doing about 160lbs including the bar. I did three sets of 12, but it was tough.  Given I weigh about 127, 160 is 1/3 more than my body weight.   At that point it occured to me, though, that I was pressing the same amount of weight, essentially, that I have lost. 

How in the world did I get in and out of bed much less function at close to 300lbs when I was having to work to press 160? Holy cow.  It just goes to show how important stregth and resistance training is to maintaing lean mass after WLS. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

crystal M.
on 5/14/12 11:57 pm - Joliet, IL
I know what you mean...

I used to weigh close to 360 lbs.  When I think about carrying all of that extra weight around....no wonder I was tired all of the time.  People think that fat people are lazy...but I think we were just exhausted from carrying that weight around.  I get very defensive when I hear "fat people are just too lazy"  I would like to see them carry an extra 200 lbs around with them all day and see if they feel like exercising. 
Kim S.
on 5/15/12 11:47 pm - Helena, AL
I am amazed daily by this.........when I go upstairs with a bag of groceries it is hard....how in the heck did I lug 170 extra lbs every single day????

Most Active