help

Figler5
on 5/6/12 5:31 am

So i was doing awesome with walking but thought I needed to add to it  so I joined a gym in Sept did the circut some cardio still walked then about 3 months ago I decided to increase my weights with my cardio  my walking has declined.I feel so rushed at the gym I try and go at lunch and I only have an hour I can not go in the morning as my hubby leaves for work at 5:45 I have a treadmill but I really want to ttone as well .And I do yoga once a week. I have 60 pounds more to lose I am at a loose what to do for excercise. I can not afford  a trainer can any one refer me to some good books on how I can meet my goals is walking enough are there toning excercises that do not require weights that I can do at home??

Kim S.
on 5/6/12 11:13 pm - Helena, AL
There are a gazillion workouts you can find on the internet.  Walking alone will likely not get you the results you want.  A good, well rounded workout plan that includes core work, stretching, weight training and cardio is the best bet for overall good muscle and cardiovascular health.

Yoga is good for building core strength and great for stretching.  Depending on what level you do it at, you can also develop muscles.  Maybe get some resistance bands or kettle bells for working out at home?  Or a few sets of free weights?  They aren't expensive (you can find them at thrift stores and yard sales).  I have a full set of weights, but mainly use the 5, 10, 12 and 15 lb weights.

Have you tried some workout DVDS?  I love P90X....if that is intimidating, try Power 90....it was the precursor to P90X.

Figler5
on 5/7/12 12:48 am
Kim
Thanks for your reply I have bought a few books and I do enjoy the weights. I think my main problem lately has been trying to cram everything into an hour at lunch hubby and I sat down last night and looked at gyms in our city that we could get a family member ship at I will continue to do weights Sunday Tuesday and Thursdays and at least 30 mins of cardio  most days. I am going to look into the Power 90 my sister in law has been doing the p90X and I am not sure I could at this point. I am also goign to look for a dvd on strengthing my core I have an old back injury and even with my weight lose I have alot of weight in my belly. I will spend my lunch hours walking but not count it towards my cardio goal.

Kim S.
on 5/7/12 1:50 am - Helena, AL
I'll tell you something that really has helped me become a regular exerciser for four years.....I got my hubby on board to do it with me.  He doesn't work out as often as I do, but he does run and hike with me and ocassionally does P90X with me. 

You are wise to devote this much attention to exercise!  it is good for the body and soul.  Wishing you much success.

Most Active