where do I begin???

dezir3dth0ughtz
on 5/7/12 6:03 am - elizabeth, NJ
Hi everyone!!

I am trying to increase my exercise routine but I do not know where or how to start. I go to the gym about 4-5 days a week; some days I even do twice a day. I take some classes, use the machines and also swim once in a while. My weight is not dropping. I do not know what to change. For those who are more experienced in exercising, what do you all suggest. I am open to anything that will work!! Thank you all in advance
acbbrown
on 5/7/12 10:13 am - Granada Hills, CA
Id have to know more about your stats - height/weight/calorie intake/medical conditions to say anything about weight loss...

But, what are your goals? If you are trying simply to lose weight, you may need to focus on a mix of cardio/weights, and start building some lean muscle mass to boost your overall metabolism. Consider something like high intensity interval training for cardio.

Otherwise, set some fitness goals, and pursue those. You will find it much more rewarding than chasing a number on a scale.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

dezir3dth0ughtz
on 5/7/12 1:19 pm - elizabeth, NJ
thanks for the reply. I do need to set some fitness goals. I guess I am trying to learn where to start from. I'm 5'4 I weigh 280 pounds. I used to weigh 390 but I never got passed 280. Very frustrating, but I am trying to get back on track. anyway, thank you again!!
cabin111
on 5/7/12 12:34 pm
You asked...It's not the exercise.  It's the eating pattern if there is no weight drop.  You need to look strongly at what you are eating...Especially simple carbs (candy, breads, cakes, ice cream, oils, fried).  Keep the exercise and cut the calories.  From someone who is going through the same thing...
dezir3dth0ughtz
on 5/7/12 1:20 pm - elizabeth, NJ
I can definitely see where my eating habits can improve. What have you done to get rid of the cravings? Thank you for your reply.
acbbrown
on 5/7/12 1:52 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Try posting on the RNY board for general diet/eating help - you'll probably get more ideas but you may want to seek counseling if you have unresolved eating issues. 

Spend some time on this board and you will get to know some of the most amazing and inspiring people who will make you want to get up and move! I never thought I could be an athlete until I found this board. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

dezir3dth0ughtz
on 5/7/12 1:54 pm - elizabeth, NJ
okay.. thanks!

cabin111
on 5/7/12 3:09 pm
The strongest cravings are a salty crunch at night...My biggest downfall.  What I've done over the years is fill myself up with raw vegetables.  Like what we did in our diets before WLS.  For the crunch I will have nuts, Cheerios, or whole wheat crackers.  Plus a lot of water...
dezir3dth0ughtz
on 5/8/12 12:30 am - elizabeth, NJ
sounds like good alternatives. being on OH is assisting me with making sense of all of this and helping get back on track. thanks again

Most Active