Mighty Mite Tri in July

KatCooper
on 5/6/12 12:29 am - Collierville, TN
I have been consistantly running about 13-15 miles a week.  My times are improving and I am really enjoying it.   I really would like to try to do a triathalon, but I know NOTHING about it.  I have a trek mountian bike and am not really in a position to get a new bike.  There is a Mighty Mite Tri on July 21st.   I have been spinning but not riding on the road.  I have acess to a pool, but have not really been swimming.   The race is a 1/3 mile open water swim, 13mile bike, and 3 mile run.   It looks really hard to me, but also really fun.   If I starts swimming every other day and biking now, do you think I could do it?   I really dont want to get hurt. (or die)  I look forward to your thoughts!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

acbbrown
on 5/6/12 12:52 am, edited 5/6/12 12:53 am - Granada Hills, CA
If you've been spinning, you can definitely do a 13 m bike leg. As for swimming, you have plenty of time. When I started swimming, I couldn't do more than 500 very slow meters with rests every couple laps. Within 6 weeks, I swam 2000m without resting so you can definitely do a 1/3 mile by July if you are consistent.

Itll be hard but worth it. Start adding some brick workouts and swimming and you'll be able to finish.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

LJ1972
on 5/6/12 2:11 am - FL
check this out.... you can do it!!!

http://www.trinewbies.com/tno_trainingprograms.asp
Jillian O.
on 5/6/12 3:05 am - Fort Riley, KS
You are doing great and have made a lot of progress, so go for it!

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

Most Active