Camelbak for Running?

KittenLove
on 4/29/12 11:16 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
When i'm able to start running again and doing longer runs outside, I'm thinking of going to one of the smaller Camelbaks - they have some awesome colors, sizes, and women specific fits these days.

Any experiences?

Be happy. 

Angela D.
on 4/30/12 12:35 am
 I love my camelbak stuff. It's breath able and durable. I have had mine for two years now and it's still in great shape. I also freeze my bottles (halfway of course) and they have stood up to it.
Paul C.
on 4/30/12 5:30 am - Cumming, GA
 I can't wear anything on my back as I sweat enough.  I find a nive hydration belt perfect.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
superconducting
on 4/30/12 11:41 pm - Montgomery, NY
 I use one on long runs in the heat of summer, much the same as the straw on the bike, it makes you conscious to drink water cotinually.  That said, if its not very hot, I pass on it as the extra weight and annoyance isn't worth it.. I just keep a 20 on me and design my routes to hit a convenience store at strategic points if I can (not so easy as I am 7 miles out from town)

Kim S.
on 5/2/12 12:16 am - Helena, AL
I don't run longer than my bottle will last!  I have thought about this as an option though because the belt I have just holds the heat on my waist........let us know if you decide to get one-and I didn't kow they had them for "chicks" now!

Kim

lesserman
on 5/3/12 1:22 pm - Chicago, IL
WHEW!!

I thought that you were talking about Camelback Mountain in the Phoenix/Tempe area and i was going to ask you if you were in your right mind...30+ years ago when I lived in Scottsdale, my roommate at the time and I trekked up to the top on the path provided and I was afraid that I was going to die...and then I was afraid that I wouldn't...

I can't imagine running up that damn thing...

Glad to learn that it's apparrel about which you're talking...

Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

Most Active