first 5k this Saturday

LJ1972
on 4/29/12 7:46 am - FL
 My leg fatigue is my biggest issue. Usually I run out of steam with my legs before I get breathless.  Generally I have between 1000-1200 calories and over 100g of protein each day.

I was doing 8-12 flights of stairs everyday at work, working out with the trainer 2x a week for an hour, gardening at home (squatting, stooping, bending, etc) and walking / jogging at least one 5k a month.  So we decided to give my legs a bit of a break. 
  I only do 2 flights of stairs some days, none others. Still garden, still workout with the trainer, and still walk / jog my 5k.  Sundays are workout days - either jog at home or do intervals in the gym , Monday rest, Tuesday trainer, Wednesday rest, Thursday spin class, Friday trainer, Saturday either 5k or jog / bike at home.  I'll be tossing in some swimming if it ever warms up enough!
  My legs have done better on an everyday basis, but still washout on my jogs.
curious3069
on 4/28/12 12:21 pm - Newton, IL
Don't get swept up in excitement the beginning!!!   I ran my first 5K at Disney World at the end of Feb. and if my sister hadn't been there with me, I think I would have taken off like a shot and totally pooped out by mile 2.     Keep it slow & steady and conserve energy.   And it doesn't matter at all if you have to walk for part of it!!!   I found water stops to be the perfect "excuse" to slow down, grab a bit of water and regroup.   

You are going to do great and the feeling of crossing that finish line is one of the best things ever. 

curious3069
on 4/28/12 12:21 pm - Newton, IL
Wait, it is Saturday, how did it go???

Carrie W.
on 4/29/12 4:06 am - KY
It went great!  Thanks for asking. 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Most Active