fatigue and working out

KatCooper
on 4/26/12 1:30 am - Collierville, TN
 Looking for a bit of advice if you have the time.  :-)    I have been running and strength training 5 days a week.  My miles have increased to about 15-20 a week.  I eat about 1200-1400 calories a day mostly protein and fruit.  I noticed a about 3 weeks ago as I was increasing miles, I started to get VERY tired at the end of the day.   ( I get about 6-7 hours of sleep a night)   I just feel like I am in a haze.  I will admit to not being the best on taking my vitamins, but labs are good and not trending down.  Is this just something that I need to work through as I increase my miles?  I am using the Higdon Marathon Novice training program and am repeating a week because of the fatigue.  I appreciate your input.

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

InkdSpEdTchr
on 4/26/12 3:23 am
Sounds like it might be calories, I don't know how you can run 15-20miles a week on so little intake. I think it's going to be a choice. You either run less or eat more. I would think you should be in the 1600-1800 range, maybe try it and see how you do?

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

combsra
on 4/26/12 5:27 am - KY
Check with your nutritionist. I'm having trouble with fatigue and mine has recommended a carbohydrate snack (I usually eat fruit) prior to a workout and protein afterward to help fuel the furnace. I haven't found the right combination yet but I'm working on it. Good luck.
Ruth Ann Combs
Lexington, KY
RNY 7/26/11
KatCooper
on 4/26/12 1:00 pm - Collierville, TN
Thanks!  That is what I was thinking as well.  It is just odd to think about increasing my calories.  :-)  Guess that is the benifit of exercise!!   I am going to try bumping it up a bit and see if it helps. 

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Most Active