I Need Advice on Top of Foot Injury & Emotional Balance

KittenLove
on 4/25/12 11:32 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
My podiatrist told me I have a ganglion cyst on a right foot tendon...if I'm going to wear any shoes that touch the top of my foot to use a tongue pad. This was two weeks ago. So, I've not had an athletic shoe/normal shoe on since then just to let it rest.

I finally got tongue pads yesterday and put one in my right shoe. I went to the gym this morning and ran 10 minutes and then I could feel it. Now I'm worried I've irritated it again and delayed healing.

I switched to the bike and arc trainer. It felt so good to get a good sweat on...but I later ended up in tears in the locker room. This is taking a huge toll on me. I don't want to sound childish but my fitness routine means A LOT to me.

BTW, dr said that the cyst should go away on its own but if its not in a month or so to go back and he would drain it. Any advice on dealing with the mental side of this situation?

Be happy. 

mcarthur01
on 4/26/12 12:36 am - Cumming, GA
i know exactly how you feel.  every-time i'm injured, i go through the same drama.  personally, i just try to focus on what i CAN do vs. what i CAN'T do.  of course, this is easier said than done.  i try to fit in strength training where i can (upper body in the case of knee injuries) and swimming for cardio or some machines where i don't have any pain or will cause further injury.  hope it gets better for you.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

KatCooper
on 4/26/12 6:07 am - Collierville, TN
 I wish I had some suggestions to offer but I dont other that what has allready been sugested.  BUT...you are not alone.  Not being able to run and workout is a HUGE fear of mine.  I think I would go nuts.  Dont feel childish at all!!    Personally, if you can get it done, have it drained.  He will most likely inject it w/steroids after he drains it.  Should be better immediately.  Best of luck to you!!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Most Active