Goin solo....any workout advice

Rachel G.
on 4/25/12 5:50 am
VSG on 04/06/12
What to do, what to do?  I am three weeks VSG post op, and I am a working mother of three toddlers and only have about an hour of sunlight to work with in the evenings.  I am walking with a friend, or whoever i can talk into going with me, but need something to do on the in between days.  Gym is not an option, although i do go at my lunch breaks sometimes, but i need some help with any ideas of what I can do that is reasonable.  I feel motivated and full of energy lately but dont know how to get in a good workout without having some sort of equipment....IDEAS?! 

MacMadame
on 4/25/12 12:21 pm - Northern, CA
There are a lot of strength training things you can do at home with minimual equipment and you can fit them in during the day here and there without having to devote a whole hour at a time too.

Google "Home Gym" for a start. There are literally so many things you can do that I can't list them all here. 

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

LJ1972
on 4/25/12 1:10 pm - FL
yep ... you can use gallons of milk for weights, dance with your kids etc.
When you are a little farther out, have your kids toss you a ball while you are doing sit ups during commercials, jog in place or jump rope

All that's left is the doing!!
mcarthur01
on 4/25/12 10:20 pm - Cumming, GA
what they said... find something you like to do and do it often.  i can't put enough emphasis on making sure you include strength trainining in your mix, but seeing that you are only 3 weeks out, i would consult your medical team before you start (i wasn't cleared for anything other than walking until i was 6 weeks post-op).
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Most Active