Max HR

hrford
on 4/23/12 10:47 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
 So when reading a few of the running blogs they are often talking about what zone they want their heart rate in and then the max heart rate.  I'm still obese so I know my heart isn't going to be efficient.  but anytime I do any sort of prolonged exercise my heart rate stays in the 168-180 range.  I can still talk at that stage and don't feel awful but all the bells and whistles on the machines yell at me to slow down.  If I slow down to the levels they say I "should" be at I don't feel like I'm getting much of a work out and really don't even sweat.  

So how do I figure out where I should be?  Should I just go by how I feel and screw my HR for now?  

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

Scott William
on 4/24/12 9:34 am
I would say to go by feel for now.  Personally I have never really used my HR as an indication of how hard I am working.  I do know though that if I am at 180, I am working my ass off and I am not talking to anyone.  In the 160's I am still working pretty hard and conversation is limited.  My guess is that the HR monitor is off.  If talking is possible but kind of a nuisance, you are working pretty hard. 
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active