IS it normal

jlo669
on 4/19/12 3:30 am - bohemia, NY
That I have been working out 4 days a week a bootcamp for the last 3 weeks and lost almost nothing?  I'm eating healthy I'm confused I never worked out like this before I thought I would have lost like 6 to 8 lbs already.  Does it take this long to work?
nate2009
on 4/19/12 6:59 am - Lebanon, OH
The goal should be fat loss not weight loss and a healthier life. Are your clothes fitting better? Thats where the proof is.
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
Earl C.
on 4/19/12 12:49 pm - Circleville, OH

Despite what the little gizmos and charts tell you, you’re not really burning that many calories during exercise.  I would look at your diet again. Cardio and diet burn fat, also just being more active in general. Depending on what kind of shape you were in when you started boot camp, you could had put on some muscle and lost fat at the same time. I almost died laughing one day someone posted they burned 3000 calories playing a game of golf.

MacMadame
on 4/19/12 1:53 pm - Northern, CA
Also, the first week or two after you intensify your exercise, you retain water because your muscles use water as part of how they repair themselves. 

OTOH, 4 days of boot camp is probably an extra 1000-2000 calories a week. So that's not even a pound's worth. If you want to lost 2-3 pounds a week via exercise, you need to work out about 10 hours a week or more doing intense stuff (i.e., not walking).

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

jlo669
on 4/20/12 12:45 am - bohemia, NY
Ok I was doing nothing totally out of shape lol!!! The class we do different body parts each day and one day of total body.  We run about 2 miles a class and the rest is weights bands TRX and running a course between sets.
MacMadame
on 4/21/12 3:19 am - Northern, CA
Oh, I love those kinds of workouts!

Anyway, when you work out like that, there are two things that can happen that cause your weight loss not to pick up. The first is the temporary water weight. that I talked about.

The second is that the appetite picks up and you eat more.

So, if you aren't tracking your food, you might want to start to make sure you don't do that.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

alpal1015
on 4/21/12 6:51 am - Manalapan, NJ
I have to say I have been a serious exerciser since my gsatric bypass almost 5 yrs ago. I've even run a half marathon. The one thing I've unfortunately discovered is that exercise alone really does not help lose weight. Plus, sometimes I feel that I am actually eating more because I tend to be hungrier when I workout. (Not to mention that sense of entitilement to eating things we shouldn't "because we worked out." ) My advice is stick to your exercise, but really watch what you are eating to see results.
Most Active