Cycling to work?

Jillian O.
on 4/18/12 9:33 pm - Fort Riley, KS
Something else I need to add since I somewhat live in your region, please be careful of dogs, my husband and I have almost been mauled by vicious dogs on several different occasions. I did a race in Bluffton Saturday and almost had a panick attack on the bike course.

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

Sam LifeNerd
on 4/19/12 2:32 am
 Here is a thought that I have had (23-24 miles one way to work for me) is to drive to work on Monday with the bike in the car.

Take bike home on Monday night and then back to work on Tuesday, so cutting out your commute by 1/2!! 

This assumes you have other vehicles at home / and ok to leave car at work overnight.

The other thing I have considered in building up to my full 23 miles or so of commute is to drive 1/2 way and leave my car in the parking lot at a bank/shopping center, etc.

By driving to work on Monday (and home on Fridays) that also means I have a car at work every day too incase I need to run errands during the day.

Currently I am not biking at all, but these were my first thoughts on the subject!  Good luck!

(One more thought...put the bike in the truck, take it to work, and ride during lunch break to build up endurance?  Then you can try taking it home one day when you know for sure you can do 10 miles)

Most Active