Paleo Lifestyle

Stacey D.
on 4/2/12 11:31 am - Harrisonburg, VA
 Anyone here gone Paleo?  My husband abd I have for about two months now (I like to say 100% Paleo - 80% of the time), we are still adjusting.  Was looking for any new thougtht on veggie recipes.

Thanks-Stacey 

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

Bettisima
on 4/2/12 1:28 pm
I don't do paleo, but there is a guy at my office is seriously committed and shared this website. There are some great recipes here.

http://paleomg.com/
Stacey D.
on 4/2/12 11:28 pm - Harrisonburg, VA
Thanks, this was a great website....already have plans for tonight's dinner.

Thanks, Stacey

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

Stacey D.
on 4/3/12 9:21 am - Harrisonburg, VA
Tried the brocci fritters from this website, out of this world good!  Thanks again, Stacey

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

Bettisima
on 4/3/12 12:34 pm
Glad to hear you enjoyed the food. Like I said, we aren't a paleo family, but there are some great recipes, and they go really well with the venison in the freezer!
InkdSpEdTchr
on 4/3/12 3:39 am
Hi Stacey,

I'm Paleo too (although I do have the occasional cheese and corn tortilla- I'm part Mexican I can't help it! LOL!). I really love the cook books Everyday Paleo, and Well Fed, also the Primal Blueprint website has lots of great stuff. I really think the key is to take one day to do all your veggie prep that way it's not so daunting to make fresh dinner each night.

Good Luck,
:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Stacey D.
on 4/3/12 9:23 am - Harrisonburg, VA
I def understand planning, every Sunday is cooking day.  both me and my husband grab and go in the morning.  Typically I am not 100% free of cooking during the week, but bfast always done and nearly all lunches are completed.

Thanks for the information!  Stacey

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

crystal M.
on 4/3/12 10:09 am - Joliet, IL
Explain to me exactly what this is because I was thinking this was just another big fad diet, like South Beach.   
InkdSpEdTchr
on 4/4/12 8:01 am
It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle choice. You choose to only eat whole healthy food that your body is meant to eat. Which means; meat, veggies, fruit, nuts and seeds- that's it!

Most folks cook with coconut oil or animal fat and try to eat as much organic, Non-GMO, grass fed, natural as they can. But if just getting off the "Whole Grain Train" and away from processed foods has been such a blessing for so many folks!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

PoohHag
on 4/3/12 12:06 pm - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
Check out the blog Paleo Mermaid.  A friend of mine runs it.

Most Active