Mud Run !

sleeved2bfree
on 3/31/12 6:58 pm
VSG on 02/08/12
 I finished 3.9(yep, a 5K should be 3.1, but this was not. ) miles in the mud! I was in a team of 5 women, all much more fit than me, but I pushed hard. I am bruised, cut up, and sore all over. Seriously sore. And very very happy. We did not go fast, but pulling my fat legs out of theigh deep mud the consistancy of toothpaste takes a whole lot of stomach muscles. Wading through a half mile of muddy water waist deep is hard work. The muddy hills that I went up and down and up and down....my legs are done. Go**** was fun. Irvine lake is beautiful. Besides KROQ and Jack fm, there were bands playing the whole day, so the run was only without music during the toothpast stage. I did feel a lot of beer envy. and some funnle cake envy. But I made it! and next year I will do it even better.

I am now looking for a zombie run...they sound fun.

KatCooper
on 3/31/12 7:34 pm - Collierville, TN
 That sounds really fun!!!  My son and I are doing a zombie run in August in St. Louis.  My folks think I am OUT OF MY MIND to drive 5 hours to run an obstacle 5 k against zombies!!!  My the hubs thinks its cool and my son is super excited!!  Glad you had a great time!!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Bettisima
on 3/31/12 11:50 pm
What great fun! Congrats to you!

My daughter and I are doing Run for Your Lives (zombies) in Denver in July, and then a Dirty Girl 5k in Sept. These races have enough of a fun factor to keep my ADHD brain engaged.

Best of luck against the zombies!
sleeved2bfree
on 4/1/12 3:06 am
VSG on 02/08/12
I am going to look into doing a zombie run next, it
sounds like fun.
mcarthur01
on 4/1/12 10:46 am - Cumming, GA
sounds awesome!  i have not run a mud run/obstacle run as of yet... i figure i will bite the bullet and to the tough mudder some day.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

dawney
on 4/2/12 1:56 am
 When are they going to do this again, this sounds hard but totally fun.  Something to work toward for the next one.
Dawn A Boesch    
smcinmiami
on 4/2/12 6:58 pm - FL
 ooohhhhh, I SO want to do the zombie run in Orlando in November.  If anyone is doing one before then, please post a race report so I know what to expect!!!  Great job on the mud run, that is seriously tough work!  

Most Active