Hi guys and gals..I am new to this board..

Chilipepper
on 3/27/12 5:30 pm
This is a question for the runners...has anyone on here needed to have thier big toe fused..? 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Kim S.
on 3/27/12 10:33 pm - Helena, AL
Never heard of that...but I've lost a few toenails from running in poorly fitted shoes...whatever you do, get fitted for quality running shoes.

mcarthur01
on 3/27/12 11:24 pm - Cumming, GA

i haven't heard of that either.  i've also lost a couple of toenails, but when i found the proper shoe/fit i haven't really had any issues with my toenails since.

welcome!

Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Paul C.
on 3/28/12 4:22 am - Cumming, GA
 I have a friend that had to have a toe fused but it wasn't the big toe it was then next one in. it was longer than her big toe and had broke a few times.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Chilipepper
on 3/28/12 7:53 am
I had a minor bunion operation that went bad...then had to have a second surgery to fix the first error and the second was a failure...the podiatrist says the only answer now is to fuse the big toe...He said it is used for marathon runners but I am a middle aged (still overweight) non runner..I was hoping someone on here would have some experience with this...I am ruined now..Thanks you guys and gals for respsonding...

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active