4 Weeks Post Op

divaishername
on 3/27/12 4:27 am - Oakland, CA
So I am 4 weeks post op on Thursday and I have only been to the gym once and I walk daily. I am down twenty pounds but I want to be down 60 total by June 22nd. I work from 9a to 6p. When I get home I am so tired, but I think I need to actually wake up at 6a and walk my hood. I also want to use this gym membership. Im always so tired. I am having the same issues pre surgery!!! I want to maximize the benefits and accelerate even more, but its not going well AT ALL! What are some suggestions??? Thanks in advance!
Sue M.
on 3/27/12 5:33 am - Nantucket, MA
 sounds like you are doing everything right.  I was still exhausted (and not back to work yet, even) at 4 weeks post op.  

Unfortunately, you really don't get to pick how many pounds you'll lose by any particular date.  Keep following your nutrition plan and get that walking in whenever you can.

Most people aren't cleared to do any work with weights or strenuous activity for several weeks after surgery, so make sure your surgeon clears you for activity before you try to do yoga or weight lifting.

Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
javier rosario
on 3/28/12 9:59 am - NJ
you might feel the need to jump in and go hard on workouts right away, i know i did  and was actually at the running  track the next day with my pain medication pump still attached in the wall of my stomach (my doctor was not to pleased with me when i told him) ..but clear with your doctor first what he advises you can and cant do..20 pounds lost in 4 weeks is actually very good..and  while  setting up goals and time frame is good to an extent .. more realistically   1 to 2 pounds a week if you re doing things right is about average, that would bring it to around another 20 to 25 pounds down by June ...  40lbs  is a little above normal for  three months  not saying impossible but more realistic.   I think theres a misconception for almost all post op patients that now that the procedure is done the weight will just fall off and this is true for the first few months.. but it takes alot of hard work and determination to keep it going after wards    
Most Active