should you work out on a empty stomach?

watsonstefanie22
on 3/26/12 9:56 pm - badin, NC
I get off at work at 3pm, should I eat prior to working out?
acbbrown
on 3/27/12 1:04 am - Granada Hills, CA
What kind of workout are you going to be doing?  I'd say it depends. If you doing general cardio/weights, and you've eaten through out the day (at least breakfast and lunch), you should be fine. If you your doing high intensity workouts for 1 hour +, you may need some fuel.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

watsonstefanie22
on 3/27/12 1:28 am - badin, NC
 I have been doing high intensity workouts and my weight seem to not budge. I didn't know if I should eat more calories or workout before I eat
mcarthur01
on 3/27/12 4:58 am - Cumming, GA
how do you feel?  are you "bonking" or running out of energy during your workouts and find you can't complete them?  are you working out for more than an hour and a half at a time?  if so, you may want to consider nutrition before and/or after your workout.  i would caution to look at your nutrition plan holistically and not just around your workouts.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

MacMadame
on 3/27/12 12:08 pm - Northern, CA
If your workout is an hour or less, then I'd say no. You should be able to do that on water alone as your body can pull from your glycogen stores if it needs more.

Once you get into 90+ minute workouts, then you need to worry more about fueling before, during and prior.

The only exception is, if you are hungry before a workout. You shouldn't really start a workout hungry.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

MLMCLIN
on 3/28/12 2:35 am - WALKER, LA
 My trainer told me to have a small snack two hours before I do spin three times a week, and interval traing with weights the other three. I am six years out of surgery!I gained back 28 pounds just issues came in my life and I just got depressed feel back down wrong track. Then I started working back out not seeing any results the gym I belong to offers a free assestment with trainer. So I went and found out not eating enough calories I"ve been doing the same routine almost a month no weight lost but amazing inches coming off and muscles I've never seen before. Good luck
Most Active