My first race report - FIU Sprint Triathlon, Miami FL

MichelleNC
on 3/21/12 7:24 am
I agree with Danni I think you will do that ironman one day! I don't know where you are located but we have a half ironman and a full ironman here in NC beach to battleship that is my goal!

You have done awesome I was just coming here to ask a question about doing a race 4 months out....you have answered my question LOL.

Michelle

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

smcinmiami
on 3/21/12 9:09 am - FL
Michelle - my completely non-expert advice would be to go for it!  Of course, you need to see how you feel at that point in your recovery, and talk with your doctor about it. 

I did worry that I was trying to do this too early, but for me, having a looming deadline of that race was what really pushed me into the gym and kept me there, as soon as I was cleared for exercise.  I've since found that I need that kind of concrete motivation to get me moving.  So even if I couldn't finish the race, I was working towards something.  As it turns out, I did a lot better than I thought.  I will say that I had a really easy recovery, have had no complications, no problems with food.  I know how lucky I've been.  

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk at all about your half.  There are definitely some nutritional considerations when you start training for something that early on, so feel free to send me a message if you want to discuss. 

smcinmiami
on 3/21/12 9:01 am - FL
Thank you all so much for your comments, I'm really feeling great after reading all of them. 

Most Active